- Related Products
MedEx answers any queries you might have regarding Afinitor-5 purchase, shipping and payment terms.
Feel free to contact support through inquiry form, MedeEx is fully dedicated towards your needs 24/7.
Afinitor Afinitor 5 mg (Everolimus), the innovative remedy of the latest generation, has proven effective in treating certain types of cancer. It is used by the appointment of an oncologist, who has experience in conducting antitumor therapy.
Mechanism of action.
Afinitor 5 mg is an effective blocker of the synthesis of protein molecules, which are actively involved in the processes of reproduction of tumor cells. Due to this remedy suppresses the growth of malignant formation. In addition, Afinitor 5 mg also influences the formation of vessels feeding the tumor, inhibiting it and, thereby, contributing to a slowing in the increase in its size.
– common and / or metastatic renal cell carcinoma when previious anti-angiogenic therapy wasn’t effective;
– common and / or metastatic neuroendocrine tumors of the gastrointestinal tract, lung and pancreas;
– hormone-dependent common breast cancer in postmenopausal women, in combination with an aromatase inhibitor, after previous endocrine therapy;
– sub-ependymal giant-cell astrocytomas co-occurring with tuberous sclerosis in patients over the age of 3 years when surgical resection of the tumor is impossible;
– kidney angiomyolipoma associated with tuberous sclerosis, not requiring immediate surgical intervention.
Protocol of the using of Afinitor 5 mg.
The former is available in tablet form, and its recommended dosage is 5 mg once a day. Take the remedy should be at the same fixed time of the day, best of all – in the morning. The tablet is taken on an empty stomach or after a light breakfast that does not contain fatty components. It should be swallowed whole, not chewing and not mechanically splitting, washing down with water. Therapy by Afinitor 5 mg should be continued as long as it has a clinical effect. In addition, discontinuation of the remedy or a half reduction in dosage is possible in case of significant side effects.
Efficiency of using.
According to the results of clinical trials, Afinitor 5 mg reduces the chance of progression of the pathology and death by 65-67%. In addition, the using of everolimus significantly increased the survival of patients without progression of pathology for 18 months (34.2% vs. 8.9% in the control group). Also, the researchers noted that the therapy by Afinitor 5 mg significantly improved the quality of life of patients, reducing the impact on her symptoms of the disease.
With regard to the safety of the drug, the scientists recorded such manifestations of side effects such as rash, diarrhea, sores in the mouth, decreased appetite, fatigue. Experts also pointed out that in older patients (over 65 years) the frequency of occurrence of adverse effects is higher than that of young women, so they require more careful observation.